This recipe came to me from my good friend Della. It’s been a favorite ever since she first made it for my husband and I.
I reserve these pork chops for special occasions such as Christmas Eve, birthdays, feast days and for company. They always get rave reveiws because of their great flavor and tenderness-you can cut them with a fork!
An added bonus is you do most the prep work (all but the gravy) in the morning leaving you to attend to everything else that needs to be done. I usually serve these with mashed potatoes. (See Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes)
1) Mix 1/4 C. Flour with 1/2 tsp. Thyme, 1/2 tsp. Sage, 1/2 tsp. Salt & 1/4 tsp. Pepper.
2) Flour pork chops in above mixture–Brown in butter.
3) Saute- 1/2 C. chopped Onion with 1 (4oz) can sliced
mushrooms. Place on bottom of Crock Pot & then place pork on top.
4) Pour 1 can Beef Consomme (located in canned soup isle) + 2 TB Worcestershire Sauce over pork.
5) Sprinkle 1/2 tsp Thyme, 1/2 tsp paprika & 1/4 tsp nutmeg over pork.
6) Cook in Crock Pot on high for 4-5 hours.
7) Remove pork. Pour remaining liquid into a pot on the stove and simmer. Mix 2 TBS flour with 1/2 C water by shaking together. (I place the water & flour in a water bottle) Pour mixture in pot on stove and stir to thicken gravy.
Serve with gravy poured over top of pork chops. Serves 6